We ask that you not bring your student’s siblings with you when you volunteer or while chaperoning on field trips.
Once you have completed the volunteer requirements, you must arrange a schedule with your child’s teacher. Please adhere to this schedule. Teachers count on you to be there on your scheduled day/time. If for some reason you are unable to make it on your scheduled day, please notify the teacher as soon as possible, or if you are able to, find a replacement to fill in for you. This is especially helpful for reading circles, homework packs and craft projects.
It is important to remember that your capacity in the class is that of a volunteer. Please do not show favoritism for your child and please do not show any judgment against other student’s behavior, attitude, etc.
Please do not speak to anyone but the teacher about what you observe in the classroom, student’s grades or student behavior. It is the teacher’s responsibility to handle any concerns you may have. Please be especially sensitive to this by not taking it home and discussing it with other family members. Your child could pick up on this and kids could get hurt.
Being a parent volunteer does not avail you to any special privileges, except that of being able to volunteer in your child’s classroom so we ask that you not pick your child up early when volunteering or drop in on other classes unexpectedly.
We provide coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the staff kitchen, and ask that you use the cups and lids provided. If you are helping with a class party, we ask that you keep the food and drinks at the lunch table area. If there happens to be a spill in the classroom, please notify the office immediately so we can get the correct chemicals applied quickly to avoid a permanent stain.
The office staff is happy to provide training on the different machines available to use in the workroom, such as the Copier, and Die Cuts. If you are unsure how to use these machines, please ask any office person to help you. The laminator may only be used by the office staff.
Volunteers that violate our dress code will be given a t-shirt in the office to wear on campus or asked to change into clothes that are dress code appropriate.
- Short tops, which expose any part of the midriff skin, are not permitted.
- No undergarments are permitted to show through the outerwear.
- Halter, off-the-shoulder, strapless, spaghetti straps less than two inches and backless tops or dresses are not permitted.
- Cleavage cannot show when sitting down or bending over.
- Jeans with holes are permitted if the holes are on the knees or below. Holes must not exceed 4 inches.
- Pants, skirts, or shorts with writing across the back pockets are not allowed.
- Shorts, skirts, dresses, and hemlines with slits may not be shorter than 5” from the top of the knee.
- Leggings are acceptable only if they are not skin tight or see-through. Please wear a shirt or dress that covers the bottom area.
Thank you for offering your time, gifts, talents, and your love to the students and staff at CMCS. Our school is unique and richly blessed because of the parent involvement we have. Calvary Murrieta Christian Schools has many opportunities for parents to volunteer. If you would like to volunteer, we ask that you take care of a few important things first:
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form & return it to the office
- Have a negative TB test on file in the office (good for 4 years)
- Read and comply with our Volunteer Policy and Dress Code
- Arrange a volunteer schedule with your child’s teacher
- Sign in at the office to get your name tag. This must be worn at all times while on campus.
- Sign out of the office when you are done volunteering.
It is important to note that teachers have the final say about the volunteer needs in the classroom. It is also important to note that some students have a difficult time emotionally when their parent comes to volunteer in class. Teachers have the right to change volunteer opportunities or cancel them as needed.
We appreciate your willingness to serve our school. Thank you so much!