Our school greatly depends on the involvement of our school parents for transportation and chaperoning of field trips and other off-site events. We really appreciate your taking the time to support your child’s school and its activities. Please click the link below and print out the policy and application to become an approved driver. Once you have completed the application, please bring it to the front office with a copy of both your drivers licence and proof of insurance.
The following are guidelines that we ask our drivers and chaperones to follow in addition to the policy you will find in the download above:
- In case of illness or an emergency, please notify the school immediately. Call: (951) 834-9190.
- It is important for volunteers to realize that they are acting as Christian role models for our students. Please be an example by demonstrating maturity in actions, attitudes, and dress code. A classroom teacher or coach will be in charge of each excursion and will direct the chaperones as to what is expected of them.
- Drivers and chaperones should refrain from purchasing special treats for students in their car due to food allergies.
- Seat belts must always be worn.
- Directions will be provided by the teacher. Please stick to the assigned route to and from the field trip.
- Children must not be left unattended in a vehicle at any time.
- Only “G” rated movies can be played in vehicles. Music should be age appropriate and bring glory to God.
- Appropriate car seats will be provided by student’s parent, if applicable.
- Children under the age of 8 must be secured in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat. Children who are 8 years of age OR have reached 4’9” in height may be secured by a booster seat, but at a minimum must be secured by a safety belt. (CA Vehicle Code Section 27363)
- Regarding field trips, only those parents who have signed up in advance as drivers or chaperones may attend. Siblings are not permitted to attend field trips unless the school has approved a special outing that all siblings may attend.